Community Land Trusts:
- MN CLTs are one of the few homeownership opportunities available to working families in Minnesota.
- Community Land Trusts provide significant pre‐purchase homebuyer education and home owner support through ongoing post‐purchase trainings and counseling. This ensures successful homeownership opportunities for working households.
- MN CLT homeowners are significantly less likely to lose their homes to foreclosure than the average homeowner. And, over 80% of homeowners go on to purchase market rate homes.
- Statewide, over 30% of CLT homeowners are Community of Color households twice the rate of the State of Minnesota average.
- The one‐time public and private investment made in CLT homes is leveraged over multiple house‐holds, ensuring that multiple low to moderate income households benefit from the one initial investment.